This recipe works great if you take 5 minutes to marinate the night before. If you can't, 2 hours will suffice. You can use either white or red wine. I just use whatever I happen to have open at the time. The main thing is that the wine be of good quality.
PREP TIME:5 minutes
MARINADE: 2 - 12 hours (best to do it the night before)
COOKING TIME: Approx. 45 minutes
- Pork Short Ribs, approx. 2 per person
- Salt, 2 tsp
- Pepper, 1tsp
- Wine, 1 cup
- Garlic Cloves, 5
- Dried Bay Leaves, 4
- Olive Oil, enough to lightly coat the pan
1. Pour the wine, salt and pepper on a bowl big enough to marinate the chops in. Mix to dissolve the salt. Chop the garlic and add it with the bay leaves. Coat the chops thoroughly with this marinade. Cover and refrigerate. Turn the chops after a while to distribute the seasoning.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Choose a pan that can also go in the oven. Discard the garlic and bay leaves. Heat the olive oil and brown the ribs on all sides. You are not going to cook them all the way, so this should take no more than a couple of minutes per side.
3. Use the same pan and finish cooking in the oven for about 30 - 40 minutes. The ribs are cooked when the internal temperature is 165F.