This is one of my family's favorite meals. It's adapted from El Bulli's Ferran Adria cookbook, The Family Meal.
PREP TIME:5 minutes
COOKING TIME: Approx. 45 minutes
- Chicken wings, 12
- Salt and Pepper, to season
- Olive Oil, enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan
- Garlic Cloves, 15
- Dried Bay Leaves, 2
- Dry Thyme Sprigs, 4
- White Wine, 1/4 cup
1. Remove the tips of the chicken wings (optional) and cut each wing in half through the joint. (Use the tips for chicken stock or to flavor dog treats).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the wings. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook gently for about 30 minutes, turning regularly until browned and cooked through. Season the other side with salt and pepper when you first turn them.
4. Meanwhile, coarsely slice the garlic. Add the garlic to the chicken and cook for 5 more minutes. It's important to not let the garlic burn. Turn the heat down if it's too high.
5. Add the bay leaves and thyme. Pour in the white wine. Turn up the heat and cook until the wine has reduced a little.
6. Serve with salad and/or rice.